Monday, January 31, 2011

January 31, 2011

Psalm 1:2

2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.



My Thoughts:
But I'd like now to look at this one scripture in its context.

Psalm 1:1-2

1 Blessed is the one
who does not walk in step with the wicked
or stand in the way that sinners take
or sit in the company of mockers,

2 but whose delight is in the law of the Lord,
and who meditates on his law day and night.


Blessed, or "happy" is the one.  Not only will God bless us in our lives when we walk in His ways, but He also says "HAPPY is the one...."  It is important to remind ourselves that if we are not being encouraged by some of our friends, then we should not always be hanging out with them.  We do need to discern those who God has called us to witness to though.  Verse two goes on to say, "but those who delight..."  or in other words "but those whos JOY is in the law of the Lord,"  God tells us that not only will we be happy when we are not partaking in the sinful nature of the rest of the world, but that we will be joyful, and our joy will be in something, in what?  In the Law of the Lord, and we know that the law of the Lord is made complete in Jesus.  Knowing that we can say that our joy will be in Jesus!  And we can read in Ezekiel 36:26-27, that the Lord says, “I will put my Spirit within you and cause you to walk in my ways.”  The Sprit of God is also the Spirit which is in Jesus, as well as all followers of Him. Verse two ends with ..."meditates on his law day and night."  Notice that the "his" is not capitalized.  I think what God wanted us to learn here is we need to see that it says "his law" meaning, to believers, including me, "his law" is my law and your law, is also your example of how to live, rules to live by, not the Commandments.  When I read this, I thought, Jesus, we need to meditate on Jesus day and night!  What a vision! 

So lets look this over again, I'm being told that I will be happy when I'm not partaking in sinful activities, that my joy will be found in Jesus when I'm not sinning, and that I should meditate on Jesus day and night, for that joy.

We'll I hope my thoughts on this piece of God's Word is inspiring to you as you go about your day.

Here is some additional content that YouVersion.com provides.  Have a blessed day.

Psalm 1:2 - Additional Content

You can learn how to follow God by meditating on his Word. Meditating means spending time reading and thinking about what you have read. It means asking yourself how you should change so you're living as God wants. Knowing and meditating on God's Word are the first steps toward applying it to your everyday life. If you want to follow God more closely, you must know what he says.

No comments:

Post a Comment