Wednesday, February 9, 2011

February 6, 2011

Psalm 9:13-14

13 Lord, have mercy on me.See how my enemies torment me.Snatch me back from the jaws of death.


14 Save me so I can praise you publicly at Jerusalem’s gates,so I can rejoice that you have rescued me.

All of us want God to help us when we are in trouble, but often for different reasons. Some want God's help so that they will be successful and other people will like them. Others want God's help so that they will be comfortable and feel good about themselves. David, however, wanted help from God so that justice would be restored to Israel and so that he could show others God's power. When you call to God for help, consider your motive. Is it to save yourself pain and embarrassment or to bring God glory and honor?

No comments:

Post a Comment